Agora Recording Overview¶
The Agora Recording SDK is an add-on to record and save voice calls, video calls, and interactive broadcasts on your server. It is compatible with the Agora Native SDK version 1.7.0 or later and the Agora Web SDK version 1.12.0 or later.
For example, a user can either attend an online course at the time of the course, or watch the recorded course later; made possible by the recording SDK deployed at the server by the online course provider.
The Agora Recording SDK provides the following functions:
- High-quality voice and video recordings.
- Single- or mixed-stream voice and video recordings of all users in the channel.
- Raw voice and video data.
- Screen captures of all users in the channel.
- Customizable video mixing layouts.
The Agora Recording SDK can be used in the following scenarios:
- Online education: One-to-one and one-to-many online courses. The Agora Recording SDK provides high-quality voice and video recordings. Students can replay recordings for review or to make up missed courses at their convenience.
- Customer service/call centers: One-to-one voice and video customer support. The recordings can be used for customer research and service quality evaluation.
- Remote health care: Recordings of remote diagnosis and online medical consultations enable patients to acquire medical resources in remote or inaccessible areas, and can be used as references for subsequent treatments.
- Live broadcasts: Recordings of live broadcasts can enable replay of highlights, capture screenshots, and detect sexually explicit content.
The Agora Recording SDK consists of the following features:
- Support for CentOS x64 version 6.5 or later and Ubuntu x64 version 12.04 or later.
- Easy SDK deployment on your server.
- Functions can be combined and applied in various scenarios for the best possible experience.